- Country: France
- Year: 2020
- Duration: 105min
- Certificate: 15
- Type: Film
In his astonishing, assured feature film debut, Ladj Ly stages an unconventional police procedural in Montfermeil, the same Parisian district where Victor Hugo set his landmark saga. Ly follows three plainclothes cops as they navigate - and inflame - the neighbourhood’s simmering ethnic and racial tensions, exploring the adversarial relationship between law enforcement and the neighbourhood’s poor Muslim population. Ly’s vérité approach lends even more urgency to the timely tale of social injustice. Chicago Film Festival
“Occasionally recalling the more urgent, ragged work of Spike Lee in its feverish, on-the-ground formal energy, Les Misérables is aptly galling as a study of everyday power structures tested and exploited to breaking point.” Variety
Booking note: to enable us to maximise the space available in screens whilst observing social distancing, please consider booking in pairs and groups where possible.
To make your experience as safe as possible, we have implemented a number of precautions across the venue*.
Please note, until December 2020, our Cafebar, Mezz Bar and Foyer will remain closed whilst undergoing refurbishment.
What precautions is Broadway taking?
We want you to have the safest experience possible at Broadway and have put in place the following measures:
- Implemented allocated seating and reduced capacity in each screen to allow for social distancing. Tickets purchased online and in person will automatically block two seats either side of you and/or your group
- Changed our air conditioning to 100% fresh air circulating from outside of building
- Installed hand sanitising stations at entrances, exits, outside screens and at multiple points within Broadway
- Staggered film times to allow for social distancing and safe entry and exit from the building
- Increased cleaning times in screens and across Broadway
- Provided staff with new branded uniforms so they are easily identifiable, and visors/facemasks and PPE in order to carry out their tasks safely
- Reduced the number of tickets customers can book in one transaction from 10 to 4
- Broadway staff will be asked to declare at the start of each shift that both themselves and members of their household are symptom-free
- Installed perspex screens at all point of sale
How can you help?
You have your ticket and you're ready for the big screen experience, but before you arrive we ask that you adhere to some general house rules to keep yourself, staff and your fellow audience members safe:
- Please do not enter the premises if you are experiencing one or more symptoms of COVID-19
- Please arrive at the time of your film screening so we can adhere to social distancing guidelines
- Please wear a face-covering across the venue unless consuming food/drink in screen as per government COVID-19 secure guidelines*
- Please adhere to social distancing within the venue (keep an eye on those markers!)